Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Crust
5-Ingredient pumpkin pie with graham cracker crust – an easy-to-make Thanksgiving dessert that you can make ahead or at the last minute.
Graham cracker crust:
- 12 full sheets graham crackers 1 ½ cups crumbs/ 150 g, Note 2
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
Pumpkin pie filling:
- 1 can pumpkin puree 15 oz/ 425 g, Note 3
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz/ 400 g
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice mix Note 4
- 1 cup heavy cream chilled
- 2 tablespoons sugar or to taste
Mix: Place the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, and spices in a medium bowl. Stir them well with an egg whisk or spoon until completely smooth (no lumps). Pour the mixture into the pie dish.
Bake for about 40 minutes or until almost firm. The filling should still jiggle slightly in the middle, and a knife inserted 1 inch (2.5 cm) from the graham crust should come out clean.
Let cool entirely on a wire rack. Refrigerate (covered with plastic wrap) for several hours before serving.
Whip the cold heavy cream for about 20-30 seconds on medium speed.
Add the sugar and beat the cream on high speed until slightly stiff peaks form. Don’t overbeat.
Garnish the pumpkin pie with whipped cream just before serving.
- A food processor is perfect for crushing the crackers, but if you don’t have it, crush them in a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
- You can replace the graham crackers with a store-bought graham cracker crust or regular pie crust. You can also make the crust with gingersnaps or other sweet biscuits.
- Pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
- Substitute with a mixture of spices: 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, 1/8 teaspoon allspice, and a tiny pinch of salt OR 2 teaspoons of carrot cake spice mix.
- You can make the pie a day in advance, cool it, and refrigerate it until ready to serve.
- The pumpkin pie lasts refrigerated for 3-4 days. You can freeze it (well-wrapped) for 2-3 months.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 0.3g | Cholesterol: 74mg | Sodium: 85mg | Potassium: 330mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 9111IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 182mg | Iron: 1mg