Fried Spaghetti (with Leftover Pasta)
A super-fast fried spaghetti recipe with tomato sauce and cheese. You can use fresh or leftover spaghetti.
- 8.8 oz uncooked spaghetti OR 1.2 lb cooked spaghetti (Note 1)
- 1 cup tomato sauce (Note 2)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup Parmesan , freshly grated
- 1 mozzarella about 125 g/ 4.4 oz (Note 3)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley or other herbs
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt or Kosher, more or less to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Use leftover pasta or cook dry pasta al dente. Drain well.
Heat a large skillet. Add pasta, tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano. Stir well to coat the spaghetti with the sauce. Heat well, especially if the pasta was cold.
Add grated Parmesan and cubed mozzarella. Stir well until the cheese is melted.
Adjust the taste with salt and pepper, sprinkle with herbs, and serve immediately.
- Or any other type of pasta.
- Use homemade or your favorite brand.
- You can use other sorts of cheese instead. For instance, Cheddar, Gouda, or anything else you like.
- What you could add: onion, garlic, bacon, cooked chicken, canned tuna, peas, canned artichokes, baby spinach, green onions, and so on. See the blog post for more suggestions.
Serving: 1/4 of the dish | Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 34mg | Sodium: 997mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g