Quick Air Fryer Lamb Chops
These succulent air fryer lamb chops are ready in less than 10 minutes; they are perfect for weeknight dinners or elegant meals for guests.
- 8 lamb chops Notes 1, 2
- 2 tablespoons olive oil Note 3
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt or Kosher
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
If the layer of fat is very thick, cut a bit of it off.
Make the marinade in the meantime: Mix olive oil, dried herbs, grated garlic, salt, and pepper.
Turn the lamb chops into the mixture to coat all over and place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer (Note 3).
Cook for 3 minutes.
Flip the pieces using tongs and cook for another 3 minutes or until done to your liking.
Rest the meat for 3 minutes before serving; the internal temperature will rise during the resting time (Note 4).
- Cut from a rack of lamb. You can buy a whole rack and cut the chops yourself or use pre-cut lamb chops. One chop weighs between 2.5-2.8 oz (70-80 g). If you want to cook more, do that in batches.
- If you are cooking chops cut from the shoulder, increase the cooking time slightly (they are thicker) and check if the meat is safely cooked with a meat thermometer.
- You can marinate the meat 1 for up to 12 hours. However, the marinating time is optional.
- Internal temperature (check with a meat thermometer):
- Medium-rare: 130°F/55°C; after resting 140°F/60°C
- Medium: 150°F/65°C; after resting 160°F/71°C
- Well-done: 160°F/71°C; after resting 170°F/77°C
Serving: 2chops | Calories: 633kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 84g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 257mg | Sodium: 347mg | Potassium: 1076mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 10IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 8mg