Simple Gnocchi Gorgonzola
Rich gnocchi gorgonzola, a famous Italian dish, super easy and fast to make. A creamier, more comforting pasta sauce is hard to find. Ready in about 15 minutes!
- 2.6 lbs pre-cooked gnocchi Note 1
- 7 oz Gorgonzola Note 2
- 2 ½ tablespoon Parmesan , freshly grated
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 tablespoon dry white wine
- 5 grindings of nutmeg to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt or Kosher
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Set a large pot of water to cook. In the meantime, prepare the sauce.
Remove the rind of the Gorgonzola and cut it into small cubes.
Place in a small saucepan together with the grated Parmesan, cream, milk, and wine. Heat gently on low heat to melt the cheese, stir often. Adjust the taste with nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
Cook the gnocchi in salted water according to the packet’s instructions, those that I use normally need only 2-3 minutes. Drain well and return to the empty pot.
Pour the sauce on top and stir gently to coat. Serve immediately.
- They can be found in the refrigerator section of the supermarket. I don’t recommend using dried gnocchi, I don’t like their taste and texture. Homemade gnocchi are amazing but making them takes time.
- I prefer Gorgonzola dolce; it is milder and creamier. However, picante works as well, the sauce will have a stronger flavor.
Serving: 1/6 of the dish | Calories: 576kcal | Carbohydrates: 84g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 560mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g